Unify Solutions Pty Ltd
We are committed to preserving the privacy of all visitors to the following domain:
and to protecting any Personal Information that you may provide to us. Personal Information (as defined by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)) means information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in writing or spoken, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
By making an enquiry on this Site, by enrolling for one of our training modules, or by providing any Personal Information to us, you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your Personal Information under the terms of this policy.
2. What do we do
The Identity and Access Community by UNIFY Solutions was launched in October 2016 to provide a platform for engaging thought leadership among the identity and access community.
The Identity and Access Community seeks the enable engaging discussions around identity and access management and promote thought leadership in this evolving industry.
References within this site to any specific commercial or non-commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer or otherwise does not constitute or imply an endorsement or recommendation by the Identity & Access Community, UNIFY Solutions or any other sponsors or contributors.
Additionally, the personal views and opinions of the authors of content published on the Identity & Access website does not state or reflect the opinion of the Identity & Access Community, UNIFY Solutions or any other sponsors or contributors.
3. Information that we collect
3.1 Sources from which we collect
Generally, we collect information from:
- through our website and by other electronic communication channels;
- third parties;
- publicly available sources of information;
- when we are required to do so by law; and
- our own records.
The Personal Information we collect may include:
- your salutation, name, address, landline, mobile and fax numbers and e-mail address;
- company and business name, job title, business sector and contact details;
- details of the ways in which you are prepared to receive information from us and/or selected third parties; and
- data collected to send information about our products and services.
3.2 Website Visitors
Like most website operators, identityandacess.org collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. identityandacess.org’s purpose in collecting non-personally-identifying information is to better understand how identityandacess.org’s visitors use its website. From time to time, identityandacess.org may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, eg, by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
identityandacess.org also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses in addition to those listed in 3.1 above. identityandacess.org does not use such information to identify its visitors, however, and does not disclose such information, other than under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information, as described below.
3.3 Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to identityandacess.org’s websites choose to interact with identityandacess.org in ways that require identityandacess.org to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that identityandacess.org gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who use our forums to provide a username and email address. In each case, identityandacess.org collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with identityandacess.org. identityandacess.org does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
- require the selection of a user ID and password for the use of some of our products or services such as where you register to gain access to our web tools and products;
- offer you the opportunity to receive email updates and announcements concerning our products, services and activities. Personal Information you have provided to us may be used to facilitate those communications;
- collect information about you from e-mails, letters, telephone calls or from any other communication you have sent or may send to us; or
- collect additional Personal information automatically about your visit to our Site (e.g. our web server logs your IP address when you view a page on our Site).
3.4 Aggregated Statistics
identityandacess.org may collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its websites. For instance, identityandacess.org may reveal how many downloads a particular version got, or say which plugins are most popular based on checks from web services used by identityandacess.org installations to check for new versions of identityandacess.org and plugins. However, identityandacess.org does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
4. Use of Information Collected
We may use the Personal Information you provide or which we collect via this Site for the purposes of:
- providing any products, training or other services;
- enabling you to register to gain access to our web tools, products, services and training;
- responding to your inquiries or to process your requests in relation to your products, services and/or training modules;
- providing and personalising our products, services or training modules generally;
- account management and administering records of payments received via our payment gateway;
- promotion of our products, services and training modules, including carrying out market research campaigns;
- maintaining information as a reference tool or general resource;
- making the Site easier for you to use and providing you with access to all parts of the Site;
- helping you to quickly find products, services, training modules and information on the Site;
- where necessary, crime prevention and prosecution of offenders;
- to contact you for your views on our products, services and training modules;
- to notify you about important changes or developments to our website or our products, services and training modules;
- to contact you by post, telephone, or by e-mail to let you know about other products, services and training modules which we offer and which may be of interest to you or which are offered jointly with or on behalf of others; and
- any other purpose ancillary to these purposes or which arise out of requests made by you.
We may also use and disclose information:
- in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes; and
- to use and analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business.
Except with your permission or as provided herein, we will not sell, trade or rent Personal Information about you to unaffiliated third parties.
You may opt-out of future direct marketing from us. If at any time you wish us to stop contacting you, please contact us in writing by email, fax or post.
We do not collect your account/payment information. If and when an invoice is rendered by us, you will pay our invoices via a payment gateway. We currently use Commonwealth Bank to process payment and only confirm receipt of your payment. Information made available via the payment gateway will be protected by the operators of the payment gateway.
By using the Site you consent to us using your Personal Information for the purposes described above.
The Personal Information you provide to us may be accessed by or given to our staff and to third parties including our business partners, government bodies and law enforcement agencies, successors in title to our business and suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf, who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes approved by you. Those parties process information, fulfil and deliver orders and provide support and other services on our behalf. We may also:
- disclose Personal Information you have provided through our Site to persons or companies that we retain to carry out promotions and other activities for which you have registered or in which you have otherwise asked to participate;
- pass aggregate information on the usage of our Site (e.g. we might disclose the numbers of visitors to our Site that come from different geographic areas) to third parties but this will not include information that can be used to identify you personally;
- allow carefully selected third parties to contact you occasionally about our products, services or information which may be of interest to you. They may contact you by post, telephone and e-mail unless you opt-out by contacting us in writing by email, fax or post.
Finally, if we enter into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another entity, your Personal Information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners.
Unless required to do so by law, we wiII not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the Personal Information you provide to us without your consent.
Your information may be stored by us on a server located in the United States. We use industry standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information.
7. Other websites
8. Data retention, security of Personal Information collected, internet based transfers and disclaimer
We (and our third party suppliers) will retain your Personal Information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process Personal Information necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore by browsing this Site and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of Personal Information in this way.
Whereas we employ reasonable measures to protect against viruses and other harmful components, the nature of the internet is such that it is impossible to ensure that your access to the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that this Site, its servers or emails which may be sent by us are free of viruses or other harmful components.
9. Accessing and updating
If you wish to correct or update the Personal Information that you have provided to us or if you choose to opt-out of any communications that you may have initially agreed to receive, please contact us by using the unsubscribe link offered by email following registration (where relevant) or otherwise in writing by email using the contact details provided at the Contact Us page. We are entitled by law to charge a small administrative fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the Personal information we hold about you and we may require proof of your identity before we supply the Personal Information to you.
10. Contacting Us
11. Changes to this Policy.
12. Your authority
13. Contact Us
Unify Solutions Pty Ltd
Attention: Chief Financial Officer